ROBIS: Rotronics Online Battery Information System
The Rotronics ROBIS web-based dashboard and reporting system that collects battery and electrical data from a number of national/regional workshop sources and updates software across the fleet, has been available since the beginning of 2018 and the Rotronics team has been working with major national commercial and fleet operators.
A workshop that invests in battery maintenance equipment is making a great start to improve vehicle performance and increase battery performance. However, the benefits can only be achieved if the equipment is used as part of a pro-active and regular maintenance process.
The tables below are taken from ROBIS and highlight two workshops that both have the same level of equipment supporting their workshop testing and charging needs. Both have similar numbers of vehicles that are maintained, however the results achieved over the 7-month period are very different.
Workshop example 1: The workshop staff carry out battery testing as part of the routine maintenance process and pro-actively charge the batteries at every opportunity. In doing so, we can clearly see that:
- Vehicle batteries are consistently “in balance” between 70-75%.
- The number of batteries that test as “good” range between 70%-80%.
- The number of batteries requiring replacement remain very low at under 10%.
Workshop example 2: The workshop staff carry out battery testing as part of the routine maintenance process, however do not pro-actively charge vehicles as often as workshop example 1. We can see that, as a result of little maintenance charging:
- Very few batteries remain “in balance”, with the monthly cycle worsening not improving.
- The number of batteries testing “good” are considerably low, under 20% consistently.
- There is a high percentage of vehicles with batteries in a “low state of charge” (requiring charging), in excess of 50-70%.
Benefits to your business with ROBIS
ROBIS will reduce non-starts, help workshops save money and reduce their battery budgets by reducing roadside defects. The battery performance across a fleet will be improved and your warranty processes can be streamlined as ROBIS provides under-the-microscope data regarding battery performance. ROBIS will deliver proven ROI, supporting your workshop battery management programme and will provide uniformed testing practices across your business. ROBIS will benefit your customers when you reduce lost miles and delivery penalties; you can make sure that vehicles are where they should be, when they should be.
Ken Clark, managing director of Rotronics, says: “ROBIS will become central to helping fleet managers and owners evaluate exactly how their batteries perform across the fleet. ROBIS can gather national/regional data to one source and is a great tool to help reduce unnecessary battery-related costs in a workshop budget.
“All of our customers have been really positive about the results so far and are delighted to receive the level of data and information that can be extracted from our battery management process. ROBIS offers battery performance data and can support battery suppliers with valuable trend analysis. ROBIS shows real-time cost savings in the proactive use of the Rotronics battery management programme.”
Key Features of ROBIS
- Centralised dashboard showing regional and national KPI output of workshop battery test performance.
- Early detection of vehicle and battery related performance issues.
- Instant online access to current and historical workshop battery test results.
- User uploadable fleet information list to enable vehicle performance and trend analysis.
- Tracking of equipment usage across multiple locations.
- Benchmarking of regional and national test results comparison and league tables.
- Auditing of technician input, to measure and identify any training needs required.
- Delivery of continuity across business, with KPI dashboard measuring key deliverables.
- Centralised database enabling visibility of all data, without risk of data loss.
- Active vehicle database exception reporting of vehicles not being maintained.
- Highlight battery performance issues and trends, to understand the quality of the batteries you fit to your vehicles.
- Active Warranty management reporting processes, enabling semi-automated warranty process.
- Multiple reporting software, enables numerous bespoke reports to be produced.
- Proven ROI capability, enabling measurement of success versus impact of non-compliance.
- Personalised database with company logo.
With minimal input from the technical team, workshops can actively manage and process their warranty claims. ROBIS provides a comprehensive overview of the battery health and lifecycle performance if fleet information is uploaded into the database; this will help warranty adjudication for both user and supplier.
Please contact Rotronics now to discuss ROBIS. For more information on Rotronics and the battery management programmes, go to www.rotronicsbms.com and call Ken Clark on 0121 526 8185. You can also email email@example.com